If you haven't made a resolution to use online video in your 2011 marketing effort, here's something to reflect on:
"In Canada, YouTube per capita consumption of video is No. 1 in the world."
So says Chris O'Neill, Canada's country director for Google. In the same article from cbc.ca measurement company comScore reveals a number of other equally positive patterns for business to consumer enterprise:
- Canadians spend more time online than users in any of the countries comScore tracked
- Canada was the only country in which users logged an average of more than 2,500 minutes online a month (almost 42 hours)
- Canadian users view more videos, with an average of 147 watched each month compared to 100 per U.S. viewer.
- It's estimated that about 21 million Canadians visit YouTube each month
- About 68 per cent of the Canadian population is online, comScore estimated in April, compared to 62 per cent in France and the United Kingdom, 60 per cent in Germany, 59 per cent in the United States, 57 per cent in Japan, and 36 per cent in Italy.
Buyers of custom video content today enjoy a combination of large and increasing audiences, better quality product and lower cost than at any time in history. Add to that the increased distribution options provided by video sharing sites such as YouTube and you have an attractively search friendly environment as well. If you are or know someone who should take a closer look, we would welcome your visit or contact. And regardless of what decision you make, please accept our very best wishes for a Happy New Year!